Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tunze Osmolator

HecticDialectics

HecticDialectics

Just ordered one for my picotope. Anyone using one on a tank with no sump? I was lookin' for ideas on how to rig it up in a way that creates the smallest gap between the top of the tank and the waterline. If I use the hanger bracket it looks like there'd be an inch or two without water... quite a bit in a lil 3G tank.

i'm sure there is a way to make it work. i have a sump and even i had to do some tweaking to get it at the correct level in my sump.

HecticDialectics
Did you measure to make sure this would be small enough to fit a pico?

what would I measure? that doesn't make any sense...

i'm sure there is a way to make it work. i have a sump and even i had to do some tweaking to get it at the correct level in my sump.

you better damn well be right!

I may have to make a post for a free osmolator if it doesn't

HecticDialectics
I wonder if you were to order one of the Mold-A-Holders from http://www.aquahub.com :) They have great semi-DIY ATOs, but the Mold-A-Holder might be your ticket as you could really use it with almost any ATO device, even the Tunze optical sensors.

those are pretty cool

HecticDialectics

Got it to work ok... looks like about an inch and a half is the closest to the top of the tank you can rig it with the stock gear. High enough for me not to care while I'm outta town anyway

Archived