Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ricordea Propogation

itzclayyo

Wow. This was very informative. Why is this not stickied?

Thanks, maybe a mod will stickie it :D

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! :D

lol what?

Good info

thanks

question for ya... why do you have to cut through a mouth if it already has more than one why cant you cut between the mouths and then each cutting will have a mouth? I have some rics with multiple mouths and they are slowly splitting but I was thinking of helping them along.

question for ya... why do you have to cut through a mouth if it already has more than one why cant you cut between the mouths and then each cutting will have a mouth? I have some rics with multiple mouths and they are slowly splitting but I was thinking of helping them along.

You cut through the mouth so that way it doesn't cause much tissue damage and the mouth can re-grow back the other half of it.

If you cut between the mouths most likely it will cause tissue damage, you could still cut through the mouths with a ric that has 2 mouths.

ya I figured you could but I was just wondering. Honestly either way you will cause tissue damage but I will take your word for it I dont have any experience proping these :)

ya I figured you could but I was just wondering. Honestly either way you will cause tissue damage but I will take your word for it I dont have any experience proping these :)

So how did it go?

Great tutorial. What happened to the pictures?

Ugh, I was moving my photobucket picks into seperate albums and I didn't realize that this would happen :angry:

I'l fix it asap.

• 2 weeks later...

ric.jpg

001-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

ricfragging.jpg

Are these the correct photos? I hope so... I really wanted to see this tutorial's photos.

Is it possible to attach the new frags to the same rock if the cuts are facing away from each other?

This thread is SOOOO helpful! Thanks so much for writing this all out. My friend and I tried this method last night to frag his ric for me and it seems to have worked.

Question though- does anyone have an opinion on how large the source ric should be before fragging?

Are these the correct photos? I hope so... I really wanted to see this tutorial's photos.

Is it possible to attach the new frags to the same rock if the cuts are facing away from each other?

Those are them!! Thank you so much!!

Yes, it could be done that way, make sure the good halfs are facing towards eachother. I would also leave about an inch of space between them.

This thread is SOOOO helpful! Thanks so much for writing this all out. My friend and I tried this method last night to frag his ric for me and it seems to have worked.

Question though- does anyone have an opinion on how large the source ric should be before fragging?

Thank you! I'm glad to help, and I'm glad it worked out for you!!

I would say just make sure the ric is fully healed before fragging it again. If it's a full circle then I think it's fine to be fragged.

• 1 month later...
this is fantastic...thank you. If you decide to make another tutorial may I suggest a xenia one?

Good work.

bzphotog

Thank you, and once my xenia needs some fraggin I promise I'll do that!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
itzclayyo
i cant see the pics

photobucket says they were moved or deleted

Ya, I can't see them either. Somebody repost with actual pictures please....

There are the pics on page 2. HTH

Archived