Innovative Marine Aquariums

really small white creatures in new tank????

mcgyvr

well just setup my first saltwater tank its a 10 gallon with 10lbs live rock,10 lbs live sand,powerhead,heater

Im trying to let it cycle now and have begun seeing little white bugs or whaterver they are called?? Just wondering if they have a name and if they should be there

one of them just looks like a white dot and runs around the glass the other is a white dot but has like 8-10 octopus like arms from it.

Just wondering what it is..

Also its my 1st week completed and ammonia is .25ppm and nitrate is 12.5mg/l is that okay, should I do a water change to get rid of the nitrate or is that normal and how much longer would be your guess (I know I know)

I have those white thing too, think they are the pod, someone can confirm? And for the nitrate, somehow those nitrate in my tank had dropped during the end of the cyling. now it is 0ppm instead of 5ppm some days ago, and these day, nitrate hadn't raised any.

The thing with tentacles on your rock is a glass anemone (pest) and you will probably want to nuke it as it will spread and sting your expensive corals. Search on pest anemone to find out how.

The one little white tree looking thing looks like an immature aptasia to me. It is a pest and you wan to get rid of it. Too bad... I have seen the occasional aptasia in the LFS tanks and think they would be awesome to have in a tank if they didnt sting and reproduce like mad.

Had one of those blasted things pop out last night on a rock. I freaked out. Yanked the rock out of the tank and chiseled off the portion of the rock with the aiptasia on it. Put the rock back in and everything is good again. A small price to pay to keep that out of my tank.

Archived