Cultivated Reef

Anyone around the Hampton Roads area of Virginia want free fish?

rishyfishy

I am leaving for almost a month and no one wants to watch my tank for me. I would rather rehome them instead of expect to come home to dead fish =[. I have nothing in there except a tiny frag of button polyps(?), a yellowtail Damsel, a perc, and a peppermint shrimp. I listed them on Craigslist...but would really rather have them go to someone who knows what they are doing. I also have a really big handful of chaeto.

I don't want anything for them...just a good home and I know people on this site would provide that...as opposed to random people on Craigslist.

post-38737-1228688565_thumb.jpg

If all you have is fish you might be able to leave them. I can't believe you cant find someone that can stop by once a week for a top off and feeding. I live in Hampton but unfortunetly I'm working in Phoenix til the 20th.

If all you have is fish you might be able to leave them. I can't believe you cant find someone that can stop by once a week for a top off and feeding. I live in Hampton but unfortunetly I'm working in Phoenix til the 20th.

I live in Norfolk and go to ODU so everyone is leaving also to go home because classes are almost over. Even with money as a bribe, no one wants to drive out here from Virginia Beach to feed the fish, because it is "too much of a hassle".

I think youd be able to pull it off for only a month. Rig up a quick auto top off, go to reef chief and get one of those autolifters(or whatever theyre called) and get a decent auto feeder. You have a tiny bio load, dont give everything away so quick.

Ill help with the auto top off if youd like, i just made one.

I'd say get a auto top off and a auto feeder. With a big enough ATO resevoir you should be able to leave them for a month with no worries.

Archived