Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hydor K1 for 10g

Ancelot

hello guys,

I am thinking of incorporating a K1 into my 10g SPS. However, I am contemplating that given for its 1500l/hr flowrate, is it enough for the SPSes in a 10g tank or should I be looking more?

Currently, my tank is running on a Eheim Liberty 150 for flow (:

Appreciate all answers! thanks!

marc jacobs :D

bump, no replies?

Anyway for a rundown on my current tank state, my tank's currently running a Eheim Liberty 150 which's at 150gph and 1 x Hydor K1 rated at 396gph. That makes it a total of 546gph.

For a mixed reef, is this suffice? I can always change it into a Tunze 6055 with controller and photocell or 2 maxijets with Red Sea wavemaker.

however, I just thought it's better to ask everyone here before carrying on my current situation or change for the better.

Appreciate all replies! thanks! :D

marc jacobs

bump, no replies?

Anyway for a rundown on my current tank state, my tank's currently running a Eheim Liberty 150 which's at 150gph and 1 x Hydor K1 rated at 396gph. That makes it a total of 546gph.

For a mixed reef, is this suffice? I can always change it into a Tunze 6055 with controller and photocell or 2 maxijets with Red Sea wavemaker.

however, I just thought it's better to ask everyone here before carrying on my current situation or change for the better.

Appreciate all replies! thanks! :D

marc jacobs

You should be good.. i had a k1 and a 404 and it was enough..

You should be good.. i had a k1 and a 404 and it was enough..

I see, alrights.

I shall give it a go on my current setup and see how things turn out.

keeping spses keep me worried

400 gph/10 gal.=40X turnover per hour. But, there's more to consider such as placement and aquascape.

thanks Scott Riemer, well I will try to take some decent photos and show you my placement and aquascape of it. Perhaps you can advise me further on alright.

But as for now, yeah, 40X turnover per hour just for a K1 is decent right?

thanks Scott Riemer, well I will try to take some decent photos and show you my placement and aquascape of it. Perhaps you can advise me further on alright.

But as for now, yeah, 40X turnover per hour just for a K1 is decent right?

i will be decent for sure....but its gonna be sticking out sorely...

i have 2 k-nanos in a 10g mixed...plus a rio 600 for return and its just about enough..(the sump is right behind the tank)gives me random flow...i do run barebottom so i could use 10-20gph more...but cant complain so far..

i will be decent for sure....but its gonna be sticking out sorely...

i have 2 k-nanos in a 10g mixed...plus a rio 600 for return and its just about enough..(the sump is right behind the tank)gives me random flow...i do run barebottom so i could use 10-20gph more...but cant complain so far..

Hello autoponicz, thanks for the feedback. Well, yup, the K1 definitely sticks out sorely. Total eyesore! but I am hiding it behind my rock and below Acropora *something* (I will do the id in the relevant part of the forum). So it "kinda" conceals itself up. ;)

anyway, I do not have the luxury of running a sump for this setup. Just 1 K1 and 1 Eheim HOB 150 and that's that. -_-

feeling like to incorporate one k-nano to give the overall a more random flow :happy:

P.S pics coming soon B)

no. I had a K1 in my 30g to supplement a maxi jet mod and thought it was particularly weak. I have since moved it to my sons 6g eclipse saltwater tank and its perfect for softy and LPSs in there. It doesn't rip the surface when pointed up or blow sand around when pointed down. very moderate flow. one of them at each corner would probably serve you well.

Archived