Coral Vue Hydros

HELP! Hundres of tiny black worms!

captianshellnutt

captianshellnutt

I noticed tonight in my 20H hundreds of tiny black worms most about 1 cm in length that appear to be coming up from the sand bed and crawling up on the rocks and crawling around on zoa frags.

Specs as of last night

Amonia, Nitrites, Nitrates all at 0

PH: 8.4

Temp 80

Ligthts: 8 hours Sunpod

25 lbs of Fiji live rock from liveaquaria

20lbs of live sand

Oh, the tank has been up and running for about 6 weeks

I have searched the forum search and have not found anything. I have read on some google searches that they may be black round worms and are nothing to worry about. However, with these thing about to cover my tank like some sort of lucust plague out of Genesis I am little worried

I would greatly appreciate any feedback would be appreciated

ImportedPhotos00325.jpg

ImportedPhotos00326.jpg

captianshellnutt
Do you have a CUC yet?

Yup, about 5 small hermit crabs, 4 nerite snails and 4 astrea snails. They do a fair job on the green hair alge in the tank, however they seem apathetic about these worms

Oh, I have one Emerald crab

hhmm...I'd be willing to be there is something out there that eats them...possibly some sorta cleaner shrimp or arrow crabs or something...don't know what for sure though...sorry...

captianshellnutt
Patience...you can't always expect an answer within such a short period of time. We all have lives outside of NR ;)

I can't expect.......but I can hope!

captianshellnutt

I suppose the wrasse will be then answer. I do not believe they are harming anything, although I only have one small zoa frag and they were crawling on it, but they are crawling on everything. Some zoa polyps stayed open while others are closed.

By the way BK: Go Libertarian party!

captianshellnutt

ID made

They are tube worms.

I have now seen them start to develope thier tubes on parts of the live rock.

I did not get the wrasse..........yet.

I did however end with a peppermint shrimp and free zoa frag!!!!!!!!! Yay!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

around the edge of the sand i can see the same things i havnt seen them on top or on anything else i think they get ate if they make their way up. they havnt been a prob as of yet

Archived