Pod Your Reef

bulkreefsupply RO

ac_archie

I have the BR 75 gpd 5 stage unit, and it works well. I'm not familair with the 3 stage. I'm assuming it's just 1 less carbon block and minus the DI unit from what I have. The di stands for De-Ionizer. If you have really clean water coming out of the RO unit it won't do much as there is nothing left in the water, but that's a hard thing to know without a tds(total dissolved solids) meter. I would spend the few extra bucks and get the 5 stage with a pressure guage and TDS meter. Better to know you have too much filtration than not enough.

how many gallons do you really produce per day?

hows your tank so far?

I have ideal pressure (50 psi), and it makes about 3g/hr.

My tanks are great, my first tank that originally just got treated tap is seeing a lot less algae, and my new tank has been almost algae free. If you go RO/DI, bulk reef has super prices on replacement stuff too.

how will i know my psi?

don't really have plumbing skills :P how does the faucet adaptor work? BTW, my faucet is not the screw type one.

how will i know my psi?

don't really have plumbing skills :P how does the faucet adaptor work? BTW, my faucet is not the screw type one.

Many systems now include a PSI gauge to tell you your pressure going into the unit. If it doesn't include one, it's not a bad idea to get one for it.

how does the faucet adaptor work? BTW, my faucet is not the screw type one.

the pressure will be the same all over your house. you can just hook it to your hose bib, or disconnect your washing machine (COLD) for a moment to test. the one I got from HD $7 unscrewed so i could hook it to to a push connector and add it to my RODI system

BTW, 50 PSI is a little under what you want if not the bare minimum

Archived