Pod Your Reef

R/O Unit..OK?

w1dude

My parents are going to buy one, but it has to be around $100 and has to benefit them. My mom would like to use it for her birds and dad would like to use it as drinking water. So do i have to say no to DI? And are the cheap units on ebay OK? Or what would you guys recommend?

thanks a lot!

I've been more than pleased with my Water General Unit from Filter Direct on ebay.

ok awesome! What about DI? Because it's not safe to drink right?

Can i get just an RO system. Or does DI really make it that much better

Jury is out. A lot of people drink RO/DI water. Some people worry that it does not contain some minerals in the water that are actually good for you. But, it also does not contain crap that is bad for you either. For your tank, you want the purest water you can get so you want RO/DI. There may be a way to bypass the DI for the drinking water but I do not know.

Jury is out. A lot of people drink RO/DI water. Some people worry that it does not contain some minerals in the water that are actually good for you. But, it also does not contain crap that is bad for you either. For your tank, you want the purest water you can get so you want RO/DI. There may be a way to bypass the DI for the drinking water but I do not know.

thanks. I am just wondering what R/O unit to go with. I am thinking about the Coralife unit, from DRfosters 50GPD 4stage. Anything bad?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=12093

Archived