Top Shelf Aquatics

DIY JBJ 28 HQI to LED!

neelix

addicted2reefer

WOW that first pic had so much coralline it almost looks like it spread to the curtain there on the left. but nice lid . no pics of your DIY install?

WOW that first pic had so much coralline it almost looks like it spread to the curtain there on the left. but nice lid . no pics of your DIY install?

First page pretty well has all the parts, heat sink dimensions etc.

The hood looks completely stock, which is what I wanted. Once Evil sends out the meanwell drivers I'll switch out the 680ma driver, and drive the 12 whites at 1a to see how that looks. It doesn't match the intensity of the 150 Ushio halide but that's alright. No more heat swings or propping up the cover required!!

• 2 months later...

I didnt see any specs on the bulbs in total, how many watts is it out putting? Are you able to grow any hard coral? How much cooler was it vs halide/t5/CF? What was the total project cost? Has anything broken thus far?

I didnt see any specs on the bulbs in total, how many watts is it out putting? Are you able to grow any hard coral? How much cooler was it vs halide/t5/CF? What was the total project cost? Has anything broken thus far?

It's 24 3 watt leds a mixture of Cree and Luxeon under driven actually. I only have one SPS in the tank and it is growing. The LPS Frog Spawn took off and colored up just beautiful!, zoas seem to be bothered by the intensity and need to be placed carefully. Tank temp is rock solid, no increase from the lights. Zero problems nothing has failed.

• 1 year later...

Archived