Top Shelf Aquatics

Finnex-30 & VorTech

dovla

While waiting for my tank to arrive I am considering getting VorTech MP20 for it. Wonder if VorTech dry side can fit into chamber above Finnex pump?

Also where did you install float switch(es)?

Is there any way that feeding with VorTech can be automated?

Thanks

The feed mode isn't time programmed, but you could switch into night mode a bit early and feed at that time. You have to push a button for it to enter feed mode.

Aliasnumber1, that sounds perfect - much better than me voiding warranty of brand new MP20 by soldering couple wires to Mode switch and connecting them to relay for 3 seconds. Hopefully EcoTech will add feeding timer to the firmware one day. Please verify that I understand this:

14 hours in Day Mode (as, Reef-Crest Random Mode) at 50% of MAX (2,000 GPH) = from 500 to 1000 GPH

10 hours in Night Mode (Constant Speed Mode) at ½ of Day Mode = 500 GPH

Thanks

While waiting for my tank to arrive I am considering getting VorTech MP20 for it. Wonder if VorTech dry side can fit into chamber above Finnex pump?

Also where did you install float switch(es)?

I wouldn't put the dry side in the return pump chamber. If a power failure occurs or the return pump stops working, the vortech will be submerged. Besides, you probably want the flow going across the tank anyway - best mounted on the side.

I have my ATO float switch (JBJ) mounted in the skimmer chamber.

masterbuilder
I wouldn't put the dry side in the return pump chamber. If a power failure occurs or the return pump stops working, the vortech will be submerged.

Exactly! Dont do that. Will ruin your Vortech and may fry your tank too.

My ATO float switch is in my pump chamber (middle chamber of the 1st gen Finnex 30g tank) as that's the chamber that looses water first as evap occurs.

Archived