ReefCleaners.org

Live rock cured or uncured for new tank!

Hardrive

Hi there I have been reading about this issue for 3 weeks and 4-5 hours a day. Everyone says theres is the best and what not, go cured some say un-cured, no water changes ,water changes daily during cycling WTF ! I'm lost!

1. Cured or uncured ?

2. Gulf rock of Fiji ?

I would like to have hichikers as it would be more interesting to see what the "suprise-bag" would bring.

I heard that gulf rock has phosphate problems.

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/package.html

PLS read this over and tell me what you think for a 20GAL.

Or should I just get Fiji ?

I just want some answers and opinions PLS !

Signed

"Hardrive needs to Defrag !"

I just setup my nano for 10 days, I used agrcultured LR from liverocks.com, they come with mini bristile star, crabs, lots of feather dusters and many liveform, they are still alive after 10days. Think the rocks already have those nitrify bacterial cultured, my cycling period is a lot shorter. and right now the nitrate is droping, don't know the reason yet, seem it is the LR and LS handled that. I think cured LR will be easier to start a nano.

I'm guessing that your tank is a new set up which type of rock you choose whether its gulf or fiji is mostly a choice I have the figi rock becouse thats what the local fish store sells BUT CURED VS. UNCURED it is usally better to find cured rock or it will cure on its own after about 10 to 20 days basicaly cured rock will smell like wet dirt and uncured rock smells real bad like smothing rotten (not fishy)I'm not sure of the negitive effects uf uncured rock but the bad smell just cant be all great. and the people I received my rocks from would not recommend me getting uncured pieces. and checked(smelled) each piece prior to sale

Archived