ReefCleaners.org

[ 14 gallon Biocube] New Biobuild

jake6986

I started my cube about 4 weeks ago I bought LR & LS and cycled my tank. I current inhabitants are 1 clown, 1 fire shrimp, 1 anemone, 2 crabs and a few tiny snails. I have removed the carbon filter & I want to remove the bioballs also but it sound to loud so i will have to find a way to quiet things down before I take them out. I have a hydor flow deflector, and a hydor nano PH. I want to learn as much as I can about marine fish tanks.

first thing wanna say is slow it down dont rush you will regret it later big time.Next what kind of anemone you have?no anemone will make it under stock lights except some rock anemones.Also anemones are very very sensitive and should wait atleast 6-9 months for tank to be stable and mature.The shrimp might not like the tank seeing its not mature also.Be ready to lose some livestock at the rate your going.It will get very expensive.Also when remove bioballs just add more water to make noise go down.And you would also need more flow for that anemone to keep happy also.

read and then read more before buying.

also check out my 14 gallon biocube in sig for ideas.Its about year old now and have yet to lose anything besides some xenia coral pretty much.

first thing wanna say is slow it down dont rush you will regret it later big time.Next what kind of anemone you have?no anemone will make it under stock lights except some rock anemones.Also anemones are very very sensitive and should wait atleast 6-9 months for tank to be stable and mature.The shrimp might not like the tank seeing its not mature also.Be ready to lose some livestock at the rate your going.It will get very expensive.Also when remove bioballs just add more water to make noise go down.And you would also need more flow for that anemone to keep happy also.

also check out my 14 gallon biocube in sig for ideas.Its about year old now and have yet to lose anything besides some xenia coral pretty much.

+1

I know I need to be more patient but I figured that since the LR I got was well cured (12 years) that I wouldn't have much of a "cycle" and that have yet to see a spike in anything?

my parameters are

trates 20ppm

trites 0ppm

Alkalinity 16.8dHK this is high

PH 8.0 little low

ammonia 0

SG 1.02

I would like to bring the PH up and bring the alkalinity down any suggestions? I just did a 20% water change 2 days ago. I am conditioning tap water i need to get some R/O but haven't had a chance yet.

Archived