inTank Media Baskets

AutoTopOff.com kits

Nick's Reef

yes just a pump and a container to hold ro-di water, dont get a high gph pump i use a maji jet 600 and it works good for me. also tubing to feed water to aquarium or sump.

i would suggest getting an ato with built in timer meaning it will only allow water with the preset time in case your float switch fails.

You only have a ap. Just dump some water in once a week. Save some $$$$!!!!

Yeah and piss off the corals. Topping off by hand isn't the way to go, I want a stable salinity, now that I'm getting into sps and clams system stablility is key. That's part of the reason I started mixing my own water, plus it's cheaper than buying NSW from the LFS, I know I could get it myself but it's to much work. I use to get water that was pumped from 5mi out and pretty dang deep. It was ran through sand and charcol filters. To bad the hurricanes took out the system and the place (turtle rescue/marine life place with some amazing reef tanks) moved and started mixing water.

So basically I'm doing this cause i don't want my salinity out of wack. I know when I tell my dad I want an ato he's gonna give me the you need what for your tank look. At least this time I can say I can use it on a any tank i want no matter how big. That will be the selling point! :)

Hey Nick,

I didn't get the autotopoff.com kit, but i went to my handy electronics salvage shop and bought my own materials and built the system by the DIY directions on their site...works like a champ, has a backup stop float switch and works like a charm...a great way to save some money too...

I use a little aqualifter on mine too...and I make up over 4 gallons a day....

i bought the kit from ATO.com and you will just need a pump,tubing and an extersion cord. Its pretty easy to wire up per their instructions. I think the aqualifter will be able to pump it up to your tank.

Yeah and piss off the corals. Topping off by hand isn't the way to go, I want a stable salinity, now that I'm getting into sps and clams system stablility is key. That's part of the reason I started mixing my own water, plus it's cheaper than buying NSW from the LFS, I know I could get it myself but it's to much work. I use to get water that was pumped from 5mi out and pretty dang deep. It was ran through sand and charcol filters. To bad the hurricanes took out the system and the place (turtle rescue/marine life place with some amazing reef tanks) moved and started mixing water.

So basically I'm doing this cause i don't want my salinity out of wack. I know when I tell my dad I want an ato he's gonna give me the you need what for your tank look. At least this time I can say I can use it on a any tank i want no matter how big. That will be the selling point! :)

Idk about that...

Archived