Pod Your Reef

ro/di unit suggestion

petkingdom619

I just got the mighty mite from air water and ice (who is a sponsor on this site) it is 50gpd and I got the ro unit with the DI unit added on for 109 dollars plus it can be moved around so no need to mount it to the wall, when I am done with mine it goes in a closet. my TDS is 150 before the unit and 0 after

I just got this last week from Marinedepot

AquaticLife™ Reverse Osmosis Professional Water Purification System - 100GPD Power post-28023-1227701084_thumb.jpg

post-28023-1227701095_thumb.jpg

post-28023-1227701077_thumb.jpg

post-28023-1227701053_thumb.jpg

post-28023-1227701101_thumb.jpg

It cost $399.00 + shipping so far so go

The Propagator

I have the pure water club 6 stage 150 now.

1st thing I would tell you is DITCH the stock DI resin and buy the good stuff. The stock resin is hot garbage.

Then mount both DI chambers on the wall so they are vertical instead of horizontal.

IE set them up like this: 1st mount them bow so that the in lets are on the bottom. Then connect the out put from the RO membrane into 1st DI chamber on bottom so it feeds UP through the 1st Di chamber. Run the out put of the 1st DI chamber to the in put ( on the bottom ) of the 2nd DI chamber. Connect your RO/DI out put to the top of the last DI chamber and your good to go.

The reason you want to set it up that way is to avoid channeling and achieve better contact time and ratios under pressure. Works MUCH better that way. ;)

If you do it like mentioned above it turns an average system in to a good system. :D

That Aquatic life system looks pretty slick.

Let us know how it works out for you. IE what the actual TDS readings are an all that versus your tap levels before filtering.

Archived