Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

short skimmers?

Danyal

I've got a 1/2 10g(20"x10"x6") with my mantis in it and I really want to get a protien skimmer for it, I don't want to drill for a sump however since I don't know what the final placement of the tank is going to be(I'm moving in a couple weeks) Does anybody know of a skimmer that is under 6" tall? I haven't been able to find one yet.

I've got a 1/2 10g(20"x10"x6") with my mantis in it and I really want to get a protien skimmer for it, I don't want to drill for a sump however since I don't know what the final placement of the tank is going to be(I'm moving in a couple weeks) Does anybody know of a skimmer that is under 6" tall? I haven't been able to find one yet.

the oceanic one is tiny. You could make one quite easily (see my thread), or put it towards the back of the stand and use a hang-on.

the skimmer for the biocube? iirc, isn't it like 7" long? I need one in the range of 5" do you think it'd be easy to mod one? Of course there's only one way to find out... :) I checked out your soda bottle skimmer, quite interesting but again, I think it'd be too tall for my tank.

if your tank is that shallow..doubt you need one...

with that minimum height you wont get any skimmate...maybe the rio nano skimmer? i dunno if its a protein skimmer..

you will prolly have to go HOB or get saphhire aquatics to hook you up

i don't know of any HOB skimmer short enough, the tank is 6" tall but i've got maybe a 1/2" of sand. does saphire do custom skimmers? i've been thinking of using my rio 80 to push water into a fuge/filter behind the tank maybe 16"x6"x10", perhaps that'd be a good place for a skimmer.

Archived