SaltCritters.com

Can you feed them raw shell fish?

Catspa

probable a stupid question but Can we feed our fish raw shell fish... ie raw shrimp, raw squid, raw crab...etc..  I assume we can, but just double checking.

Which/what is the most nutrious?

thanks

Lunchbucket

hell yeah!!  that is what they eat in nature and i believe that is the best food for them.  there are many DIY food sites out there w/ many different versions.  i guess the guts are supposed to have the most nutrition but any raw UNTREATED seafood would be great.  i have used shrimp, mussles, squid

Lunchbucket

Ya i figured, but wasn't sure if possible paracitic prob..etc.  

So, what do you think tasts the best (from the fishes perspective)?   its particularly for my cardinal... so i'm guessing crab (but i'm biased on this.. :) )

thanks

So when we talk about shrimp, we're talking the uncooked shrimp ie brown in color, not the cooked shimp that you see al the time in shrimp rings and shrimp cocktails ..ie orange in color... right?

I use a mix and they love it. I put it the food processer partially frozen and chop it till fine/minced. Squash it flat in (1/8') a ziplock and freeze it. Break off a small piece and thaw in a cup in of tank water. I feed it about twice a week and the corals, shrimp, and Newman go czazy!

Archived