Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

feather duster ?

phishhead

Man i don't know WTF is happening.... my HOB goes out, Johnny Cash dies and now my feather duster lost it's feathers. I saw the feather lying on the sandbed yesterday and noticed that it was not protruding anymore. well, today when i got home from work there is the mouth of the worm coming out and going in but there are no feathers at all. It's not pretty. Will it get the feathers back??? :( thanks, JB

Phishhead,

If SEVERELY stressed a feather duster can lose it's head and not die. If it doesn't die, it will eventually re-grow it's head (I am pretty sure this is true of all feather dusters, not 100% though).

Unfortunately, a lose of it's head usually means death. :(

Good luck!

~V

I would agree totally w/ that. I've frequently had feather pop their feathers and regrow them. I've never lost one either. This can happen during stress but sometimes I've just seen it happen randomly. Dusters are very hardy and you'll likely see a new head soon.

Cameron

I am a Noob but I have read that they will do this in response to poor water quality, As far as your HOB....is it possible that sand got cought in your impeller, mine stopped a few days ago while i was cleaning, i dunno how, but a small piece of sand got lodged in there. Simply washed it out and there you go, running again!

that may very well be the case birdman b/c my HOB did go out for about 12 hrs. b/f i got it working again. Now i just have to hope the feathers come back again. thanks, JB

Archived