Coral Vue Hydros

All in One 72 gal?

rockryno

im wanting to upgrade to a bigger tank. ive got a 7 gal AIO now and am bored at work thinking that same setup would wouk in a bigger tank. Would love to get a 72 bow front. basically get a piece of black acrylic panel maybe 40" long and the height of the tank. silicon 4"-5" dividers for chambers on the piece, then silicon the entire thing on the back wall of the tank. yes it cuts down display area, but eliminates need for under tank filtration. You can have as many chambers as you want for heaters, pumps, cheato, etc. Id add a few circulation pumps to the display for more flow.

am i missing something big? just like a nano cube or red sea max but bigger...

im wanting to upgrade to a bigger tank. ive got a 7 gal AIO now and am bored at work thinking that same setup would wouk in a bigger tank. Would love to get a 72 bow front. basically get a piece of black acrylic panel maybe 40" long and the height of the tank. silicon 4"-5" dividers for chambers on the piece, then silicon the entire thing on the back wall of the tank. yes it cuts down display area, but eliminates need for under tank filtration. You can have as many chambers as you want for heaters, pumps, cheato, etc. Id add a few circulation pumps to the display for more flow.

am i missing something big? just like a nano cube or red sea max but bigger...

I think that would be a great idea. It does save a lot of hassle not to have to drill the tank and worry about plumming. I would think you would need a nice thick piece of acrylic since it would be so big. You should draw up your ideas on sketchup or something and get some critiques on it.

they make a 72bow that is predrilled and has a built in overflow. that completely eliminates the hassle of drilling. and you dont lose much display space. its also prefitted with loc-line for the return.

One of the LFS's in town here has 5ft long acrylic tanks with a false back fitted with a wet/dry system. Can't remember the brand... Custom Sealife maybe?

Check out Clear For Life's "Uniquarium." I'm not sure what size they go up to, but they are an AIO, and I think they do have a 40g model... I believe there's larger ones too though.

heres a quick sketch. chamber one could house a skimmer or mech. filter of sorts. over flows to chaeto with lighting, up through heater, to pump. pretty simple. I figure it would be super easy to construct.

72_design.bmp

i like it! actually i love it! great idea! forget that buyin a tank, if u wanna build an all in one 72gal, GO FOR IT! totally unique!! i will definetly follow this build!! and actually if u wanna get real creative, you could add an extra chamber on each end, sealed off from the rest of the filtration, and put your circulation pumps inside, maybe with a dual loc-line return for each one. thus hiding any pumps from your display area. and you could also put these pumps on a wave timer, for some alternating currents. so you would have a pump running your filtration alone, and two pumps on each end of the tank alternating just for some water movement...good luck! hope to see this build launch!!! B)

thats it, im going to do it. i just need to find a tank now... come on craigslist! I figure a small skimmer could go into chamber one. or like you said a HOB. I like the idea of the hidden circulation pumps as well for alternating currents. initially i was thinking a few koralias but a wave effect might be cooler.

Archived