Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunze Nano Stream 6025(660gph)

davek17

Could I use it in a standard 10g? I want as much flow as possible for SPS. The specs for the pump say 11-53gal.

if the tank is going to be BB then go for it. If you have any sort of SB at all though, it probably wouldn't work out very well.

Just started using a tunze nano stream for my 22g cadlight... Just an FYI... This pump is really powerful.... You may want to consider a koralia nano- IMO

Just started using a tunze nano stream for my 22g cadlight... Just an FYI... This pump is really powerful.... You may want to consider a koralia nano- IMO

KNx's 3 maybe.

the stock 6025's aren't all that powerful, it's just that the output pattern isn't very wide.

If I were starting up a 10g SPS tank and I was only going to use one PH it would probably be a K3. Of course the tank would have to be BB, and it would be a b!tch to try to hide that thing behind the rocks, but yeah, a K3 is what I would use.

IMO the flow pattern on the K's is much better than the tunze.

Ok, I'll probably go with the Tunze 6025 because it's smaller, and I would like to have only one powerhead. Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of going BB? And do people ever paint the underside of the tank? I don't know if that would have an effect or not.

going bb is the only way to go if your using the 6025 in a 10g tank... if not your going to have major sand storms... bb tanks are easier to clean but you loose the buffer of the sand... also get a good skimmer to eliminate the waste, that important in a bb tank... are you going to plumb it to a sump?

EDIT: with the 6025 i would point it straight at the bottom to keep the crud from settling, and it will give you plenty of flow

some people use a chopping board and i think the brand is starboard but im not exactly sure. dont use wood bec it will deteriorate and might hve bad effects on the tank. the board will look like sand after it has matured and if a rock falls onto it your bottom glass will not break.

I use one in a 10g and it was a sandstorm at 1st. Then I enaged in some propeller customization (sanded it down) and now it works great. I don't know exactly how much flow I wound up with, but my SPS really like the flow.

6025 is alot for a 10g. I second what the poster above said about cadlights 22, i have one as well and I cant put anything in the half of the tank where the pump is. I only have softies but I cant imagine the flow in that small of a tank. 60x turnover, not including any other pumps you have is alot.

going bb is the only way to go if your using the 6025 in a 10g tank... if not your going to have major sand storms... bb tanks are easier to clean but you loose the buffer of the sand... also get a good skimmer to eliminate the waste, that important in a bb tank... are you going to plumb it to a sump?

EDIT: with the 6025 i would point it straight at the bottom to keep the crud from settling, and it will give you plenty of flow

Im using a HOB CPR Aquafuge and the Tunze nano skimmer 9002.

Archived