Innovative Marine Aquariums

API Ammonia Test Kit Problem

andre

I have an API ammonia test kit and when i tested my water for ammonia, the test just turned cloudy, with no color. Has this happened to anyone before? Not sure what it means,please let me know

btw nitrite and nitrate reads 0.

Maybe that's API's way of saying you're F-ed. :lol:

That has never happened to me. I did have a bad nitrate test kit though from API.

lol. ill try and test it again and see if it does the same thing. if it does, ill order a salifert test kit. the other tests worked fine tho, but trying to read that ph test kit sucks

how long did you wait till you try and read the color? api ammonia test kit turns cloudy in salt water. if there isnt any ammonia present, it turns a really faint yellow.

how long did you wait till you try and read the color? api ammonia test kit turns cloudy in salt water. if there isnt any ammonia present, it turns a really faint yellow.

lol nah i know the reason why now. stupid me forgot to add bottle 2 to the test water. :slap: its all good now

I would also double check you bought the saltwater version. I made the mistake of getting a freshwater amonia kit one time and it did the same thing.

I would also double check you bought the saltwater version. I made the mistake of getting a freshwater amonia kit one time and it did the same thing.

just checked, yup its the SW version. good call tho. its all good now :) thanks

Archived