Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JBJ Auto Top Off

rhunter513

My in tank sensor gets all crusted which affects how it slides on the stem. What's a good way to clean it?

I use a MJ1200, will using a smaller pump help with over filling...ie the lag time?

Thanks!

Vinegar bath I hear works wonders on these alkaline deposits. Make sure you rinse well though!

I put a ball valve between the pump and the outlet into the tank, then closed it down about half way it works pretty good to cut down the amount of water that flows into the tank. I also have it on a timer so it comes on 4 times a day for 5 minutes and I also only have about 3.5 gallons of water in the ato resivoir to help prevent a flood incase of a stuck float sensor

E36 328i - I was thinking vinegar but wanted to check first.

Sergeant-G - The ball valve sound like a good idea, i will have to try that. The JBJ has a fail safe in case of sticking sensor...should shut off before flooding...i hope!

odds are that its just salt creep on there... i just take a cup of ro water and dump it on the sensor and that takes care of it, if theres lots of salt creep on there just take the sensor off the tand and dip it in some warm water and swish it around... its not under the water long enough for it to have Ca deposits on it... i havent used viniger on mine and its been in my sump for about a year and a half, dont think ill ever have to either

Sergeant-G - The ball valve sound like a good idea, i will have to try that. The JBJ has a fail safe in case of sticking sensor...should shut off before flooding...i hope!

yeah but I also didnt want a large amount of fresh water flowing into the tank all at once with the ball valve it slows the flow from the ato down and lets the fresh water get mixed somewhat before getting to the display

Archived