SaltCritters.com

salifert alk test kit

disaster999

so do i wait for it to completely turn pinkish orange over a period of time or the first sign of it changing color completely?

i will stop adding drops when it first completely change from blue to pinkish orange, but if i leave it there for 30 seconds or more, it starts to change back to blue again. do i keep adding till it doesnt change....or stop when it first changes?

so do i wait for it to completely turn pinkish orange over a period of time or the first sign of it changing color completely?

i will stop adding drops when it first completely change from blue to pinkish orange, but if i leave it there for 30 seconds or more, it starts to change back to blue again. do i keep adding till it doesnt change....or stop when it first changes?

Hi,

Keep adding drops until it first changes color completely, just swirl 2 secs between each drop.

i swirl constantly while dropping the drops. but do i stop and measure the left over regent once it changes color completely, or do i keep adding till it will not change back again? thats what confusing

Yes, you add until it doesn't change back.

Be careful though. As I am sure you noticed, once you have titrated to the place that it changes for a sec, then changes back, you are just a drop or two away from your endpoint.

alright, thanks. i just want to make sure. ive added at least 5 drops more and it still turns back to blue after a while. i think i was at around 11-12dkh. better stop dosing alk and just keep adding calcium. the clam is really sucking it up

Archived