Cultivated Reef

lost but not yet found...

audi206rs4

i just got half my clean up crew two days ago...

4 hermits (2 dwarf blue legs/2 scarlet reef red legs)

6 astreas snails

i plan on getting an emerald crab, 3 nassarius snails, 3 trochus snails and maybe a red star (i heard they stay pretty small... less than 5 inches).

well it's been two days since i've seen my blue legs, they're both m.i.a. is there anything i can use to lure them out? i was messin' around with the tank yesterday trying to find them to no avail. i was just hoping they haven't died from the move or that the red legs haven't eaten them or something. but it's funny how i haven't seen either of their shells anywhere? hmm...

any insight would be great!

thanks!

Audi206rs4,

If you wnat to entice your hermits out to somewhere you can see them, try dropping a chunk of shrimp (frozen brine/mysis etc) down in the front of your tank.. hopefully the PH's won't blow it away.. that almost always gets my hermits scurrying accross the tank.. you'll have to watch out though.. I would bet that the nassarius snails get to it first. ;)

~V

You can also lure 'em out with catfish pellets made for freshwater catfish. They're cheap, but make sure they're not high in phosphates (alot of the freshwater stuff is).

Ross

Archived