Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hob help

jerzsky

i have an ac500 modified refug. w/surface skimmer attachment. its constantly spitting lil air bubbles into the tank, which p..s.d me off! is there anyway to stop this? or is that whats gonna go on with a hob??

smokey_the_bear

i made my own surface skimmer and if the water gets just a little too low it sucks bubbles.

but mine does that anyway on the return. yeah im not liking the bubbles in my tank either

im not sure how to solve it, i was thinking of putting a little sponge on the return slide to help but i havent found a sponge. lol :P

I pulled mine off for the time being.

the problem with the sponge is you must clean it constantly or it will increase the nitrates.

I have seen a mod somewhere where they put a section of PVC as a sort of catch basin. the water hits that then disperses reducing some bubbles.

I'm going to work on a variant of that with some scrap acrylic I have.

mine doesnt spit out bubbles as much as create them from the spashing waterfall effect.

wasnt really a lot of bubbles but I noticed that over time there would be a 'bubble build-up' of trapped bubbles on LR, corals, equipment that I had to chase away with a turkey baster.

Figure if I could do something to reduce the waterfall effect, problem should go away or be greatly reduced

Archived