Top Shelf Aquatics

tunze 9002 vs aquac?

flipmodetank

For a 22 gallon tank. I currently have a tunze 9002... just cuirous if there is any other skimmers better and just as quiet in the 150-200 price range?

how does an ozone system work and is it worth it? also would it be wise to run a u/v maybe 1 day a month for the hell of it? JBJ u/v is preety cheap

alot louder or just noticable? even though i have the tunze and i read all these praises it seems too finicky with me especially after water changes. i want a skimmer that resumes instead of restarting after water changes. also never hurts to have the tunze as a back up.

I love the Tunze. I have run both skimmers and the Tunze is very quiet. The remora is noticable, you will hear a water injection sound, so that may be something to think about depending on where the tank is.

Are you turning off the skimmer during a water change? Mine doesn't seem effected by them, and even if they were so it starts collecting in an hour again, not that big of a deal really.

For a 22 gallon tank. I currently have a tunze 9002... just cuirous if there is any other skimmers better and just as quiet in the 150-200 price range?

You can check out the euro-reef nano skimmers on nano-skimmers.info

Totally quiet with a price range of 118 - 186.

There are many sizes to fit many nano aquariums...if you are interested I need the available space, water level and available height above water level.

You can email me at nanoskimmers@cox.net

Regards,

nanoskim

You can check out the euro-reef nano skimmers on nano-skimmers.info

Totally quiet with a price range of 118 - 186.

There are many sizes to fit many nano aquariums...if you are interested I need the available space, water level and available height above water level.

You can email me at nanoskimmers@cox.net

Regards,

nanoskim

are you making custom nano skimmers now? from your post it seems like it

also, from the looks of the skimmate on your website, it doesnt seem to dry. its more on the watery side

• 3 weeks later...

I dont like the tunze, takes forever to start back up after you feed, and it seems picky to the 1/8 of an inch on the water level to get the skimmate just right, I just upgraded to a warner marine H1 myself.

I have a small piece of paper towel or filter pad in the pump chamber of my Remora. It muffles all the sound. You also need to have your water level high or you will hear the waterfall.

i have seen deltec MCE600s in action and boy do those puppies pull

they are great skimmers in my opinion although may be outta your price range

Archived