Cultivated Reef

Help Please! :]

Jake42393

i want to start a large reef before i make my nano reef and i am unsure what tank to get

i've honestly never had a reef tank and i would love advice and tips and suggestions..

im leaning toward a 50-65 gallon.. help please?!

first tank...hmmm, im not sayin this because i have one, but a 40 breeder would be a great tank and it will give you many possibilities! check out some of the 40 breeder builds on here, especially nanoty's build, glennr1978's build especially! or you could go the all in one route, and get a fill and run setup. the red sea max 130d 34gallons a lil bigger than nano, red sea max 250 65 gallons, both of which are pricey. nano cube makes a 28gal all in one. any more ques feel free to ask!

Jake - Ultimately it would depend on what you wanted to do with the reef and what kind of inhabitants you want to keep. Larger is better ttartingout because water volume is your friend. If you make a mistake the more water you have to buffer it the better.

That being said - I like long low and wide. Those tanks (30, 40, 50 breeders) seem to make great reefs and are adaptable to all kinds of options and lighting.

If you don't want to piece a tank together, do like the other guy said and get an AIO system. They are all pretty comprable and none of them have everything you need right out of the box but some of them are pretty close.

Either way - It's cheapest in this hobby to build toward your final goal rather then to constantly need to upgrade. BUT figure out what you want to keep first and the rest will fall in place.

In the end - if you get hooked - nothing will completely satisfy you anyhow... You'll always be looking to make it better in one way or another - or to try something else out.

the 40 breeder is a 40 gallon tank...its not to deep, but just right..its got almost two feet of depth and is three feet long. this you have to buy all the equipment for. filter, skimmer, lighting, powerheads, heaters etc.....

an fill n run i call them is an all in one tank. it comes complete. all you have to add is water, rocks, and your livestock.

i see your new...go to the beginners section and read up. actually almost all the forum sections have a thread at the top for u to read and fill ur head with info. do your research if this is your first reef! trust me i did and im glad i did! and in the sponsors tab at the top you will find many storees that carry these products. feel free to ask many more ques and ill be glad to help, as im sure a lot of other people will!

THE OBSEESION FOR THIS YOUNG PADOWA IT STARTS..........................hmmm hmmmm

post-34018-1226622400_thumb.jpg

Archived