Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can I get bulkheads and other plumbing stuff at Lowes?

Kimberly63

Other plumbing stuff... yes, no bulkheads though. Buying online is the way to go, you can however find them at pet stores, just twice to three times the price.

Good luck!

Yes, you can get bulkheads at Lowe's, after a fashion. Go to the electrical conduit section, where they have the grey PVC. You will find fittings that are slip on one end and either male or female threaded on the other end. Get one of each in whatever size you need, then head over to the bathroom plumbing section and get a couple o-rings in the same size. Voila, a bulkhead for about $3.

I've used this method many, many times, never had a leak. These bulkheads come on commercial overflow boxes, as well.

Yes, you can get bulkheads at Lowe's, after a fashion. Go to the electrical conduit section, where they have the grey PVC. You will find fittings that are slip on one end and either male or female threaded on the other end. Get one of each in whatever size you need, then head over to the bathroom plumbing section and get a couple o-rings in the same size. Voila, a bulkhead for about $3.

I've used this method many, many times, never had a leak. These bulkheads come on commercial overflow boxes, as well.

That sure beats the 10.99 at the lfs.

Archived