Pod Your Reef

Help,Aquacontroller Jr. not working.....

pudge1515

Well the title says it all. I just unpluged the controller from my old tank and tried to hook it right up to my new tank and for some reason the Aquacontroller Jr. is not wanting to respond with the DC8. The DC8 does have power going to it cause the little green led light is on but it is not blinking when I try to turn a piece of equipment on, which tells you that the controller is comunicating with the DC8. I also made sure that the right switches on the side of the DC8 were in place for the "A" section and the "1-9". Its weird because I did not change anything at all. I just unplugged everything and then plugged it all back in within like 15 min and now it wont work... The controller itself is working find and the DC8 has power... Do I need to reset the aquacontroller or the DC8 or something? Help is much appreciated. Thanks guys

Well the title says it all. I just unpluged the controller from my old tank and tried to hook it right up to my new tank and for some reason the Aquacontroller Jr. is not wanting to respond with the DC8. The DC8 does have power going to it cause the little green led light is on but it is not blinking when I try to turn a piece of equipment on, which tells you that the controller is comunicating with the DC8. I also made sure that the right switches on the side of the DC8 were in place for the "A" section and the "1-9". Its weird because I did not change anything at all. I just unplugged everything and then plugged it all back in within like 15 min and now it wont work... The controller itself is working find and the DC8 has power... Do I need to reset the aquacontroller or the DC8 or something? Help is much appreciated. Thanks guys

bump for help

you could just try to reset it to defaults. Did you check the 'phone line' connection to see if anything was in it? Mine never had this problem and i just moved it in my stand a few days ago, just like you moved it to a different tank. you might want to contact neptune.

sure its plugged into the crtl in and not the crtl out on the dc8.

hey guys thanks for the sugestions,I have tried all the above. Dt by powering down do u mean just unplugging it to turn off the power cause that's what I have done.

I'd email Neptune, but maybe also post in their sponsor forum on RC. Sounds to me though like a reset might cure things... Have you run the self diagnostic that's in the main menu? Not sure if that will do anything though... =/

Hey phixion, ya I have tried running the self test and it did nothing and I completely reset everything like the memory and programming and it also did nothing. I think it might have something to do with the telephone like cable connecting the controller to the DC8 so I am going to go get a new cable tomorrow and see if that helps and I am also going to call neptune cause their help support has helped me out before. I wish I could also post on RC but I was band from there a while ago, lol. They got mad at me for posting too much in one night... but oh well. Thanks for help guys and Ill post if I find out how to fix it so if anyone else has this problem.

Ugh, another reason to hate RC, lol! Anyways, keep us updated in here for sure, I'm curious as to what would have made it stop working all the sudden.

Archived