SaltCritters.com

Will anything live under just 28 W?

Toonces

I decided I don't have the money or time to invest in a nano reef, so I'm going to do a small FOWLR for now. I bought the CoraLife aqualight 20" 1x28 w PC light, because I didn't have a light for my tank anyway. Are there any sort of low light shrooms or leather corals that could live with this light? If not, I'm perfectly fine without corals, and I don't want to get something and kill it, but it would be nice if I could find something that would work. Thanks!

IMO I would buy good lights now, ( or take back thowse and get new)its cheaper then trying to retro or fix your lights later ( I know I have to upgrade now..mistake) chances are once you get set up your going to want a reef, and after a while even shrooms get borring. I have found that if you take the time to set up your tank will be much more of a joy... then a Stress.

oh also keep in mind that in a 10 gal you shouldn't have too many fish... 2-4 max ...........Good luck

I decided I don't have the money or time to invest in a nano reef...
*Heh*.... What's yer point? :D Not stoppin' most of us here!

Turn away now, or you'll be hooked for life! Car didn't pass inspection 'cause you need new tires? You'll be dodgin' the cops for a few months & savin' for that new metal halide fixture....

I used crappy low level lights for the first 45 days. It was the cheapest 20" with a coralife 50/50 light. They'll last until you want to buy something cool. Coralline algae is growing on the LR and my first mushrooms did fine. I didn't have the cash initially but my CSL PC 2x40 w/ML should be here Friday. Sounds like a Saturday trip to the LFS for more coral. If you can wait for a cycle to finish, you can wait until it's absolutely necessary for good lights.

• 3 weeks later...

lol ross....but u dont have to be like that, for some of us we have to goes to school and taking care of fish, i mean i love salt water tank and i just start it 2, but man, school , books?? cost so damn much. any way...i have a 15 watts can Mushroom growth from it??

thanks

Archived