ReefCleaners.org

Question about koralia nano

Tsuki

no, it has a very dispersed flow and is not linear like maxi-jet pumps. when it says 240gph it will feel like much less, you'll be fine with it.

Alright. Right now I just have a mini jet 404 at half power and I just don't like it. It blows water in one direction and blows sand up.

the mini jet shoots out a narrow stream of water...where as the koralia is more spread out. with a addition of rocks and other things defusing the flow, it might be just enough flow but not enough to turn your tank into a sandstorm

im trying my luck with one in my 7 gal as we speak. one of the problems im running into is the sheer size of the nano in such small tanks, its quite the eyesore.

circusordie16

i dont think id use a koralia. i have on in my tank (7" deep) and it makes some bare patches on the bottom so i think that might happen with you. also the small size might just make things a little crazy in a 3 gallon. plus it will take up a lot of room like said above.

Well, if it doesn't work out, i'm sure i'll find another tank to put it in. lol I have enough of them. I have a fw planted tank that could use more water movement

i got one and tried it out. after a few trial and error sandstorms ive got it postitioned in a good spot. however its fully visible and i was trying to go for minimal visible equipment. on the other hand the flow is nice. i have it on the back wall pushing water at the front glass and everywhere gets nice flow.

id say go for it and see what happens. you can always return it.

Been there, done that, blew it up. Literally, I found the best positioning was on either end, pointed as far up as possible. This results in great surface stirring and minimizes sand blow.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got my pump a few days ago, and just got around to putting it in. Right off the bat, the first thing i don't like is that the pump doesn't stick to the suction cup well. As soon as i try to adjust it, it falls off the suction cup. such a pain =/ Right now i'm mixing my water change water cause the tank is low from evap and i don't have it plugged in yet. So, i'll have to wait to see how it is performance wise.

I think it should be fine, my only concern is it would be pretty big and bulky in a 2.5 gallon. It could look kinda ugly.

It does look a little ugly but it will do it's job. I plan on upgrading to a 10 gallon eventually

Right now i'm mixing my water change water cause the tank is low from evap

HOLD ON!!!

when your tank is low on water due to evaporation you dont replace it with new salt water, replace it with RO/DI water only!! the salts in the water aren't evaporating just the water is... your going to make your tank far to salty...

oh and i have a K nano in a 2.8g custom (shallow and wide, not as tall as a 2.5g aga) and it works very well, i have no problems with it

HOLD ON!!!

when your tank is low on water due to evaporation you dont replace it with new salt water, replace it with RO/DI water only!! the salts in the water aren't evaporating just the water is... your going to make your tank far to salty...

oh and i have a K nano in a 2.8g custom (shallow and wide, not as tall as a 2.5g aga) and it works very well, i have no problems with it

Ah! I shall keep that in mind next time. This time i didn't have any trouble but I will keep that in mind. probably even write it down to make sure i don't forget. Thank you!

Archived