Cultivated Reef

nano with over flow refugium

aquajones

This is a design I came up with to hide the refugium & make the pulming very simple. It is basicly a box with a spout (overflow) that pours in to the tank. The spout of the refugium has to be just above the lip of the tank. It is also necessary to have about 2" of refugium hight above the tank to make sure there is no overflowing over the sides. Here are some pic of set up.

unpainted%20front.jpg

un%20painted%20side.jpg

unpainted%20 s%20 hood.jpg

office%20refugium%202g.jpg

(Edited by aquajones at 9:05 pm on Mar. 21, 2002)

This is the painted product. the refugium in the pic above (1st posting)look like sh#t because the silicon busted when I was sealing it. took awhile to get it off my hands too.

painted%20front.jpg

painted%20side.jpg

Hey that 's pretty good setup,How come you didnt use plexi glue?,another thing if you using silicone make a soapy solution and dip your finger in it to smooth the joints and keep the silicone from sticking to your finger

I used glue but the refugium was a wet/dry I made in 94 (frist time to use plexi) so just for insurance I seaied it with silicon. Tube  exploded on me. scaired the $h#t out of me. I could have made one from scratch but i like the fact that the lights (coral life mini 2x 9w),hood(used in this set up) & wet/dry from my 94 nano are now in use again.  

Hey that looks nice.  Why hide everything though?  I kind of like to leave it all out in the open I guess.... Personal preference :)  About the silcone, live and learn!

Archived