Innovative Marine Aquariums

Haqos Skimmer

East1

1. 1. Keep or return

• keep
    • exchange for a air pump driven skimmer

ok, i saw this skimmer today, haqos ps300, picked it up for 65$

assembled and tested it in a bucket, but there wherent many bubbles, hardly the wall of foam i expected. is this down to me not running it properly or something else? anyone have any experience with this skimmer? i ask because it seems good enough to run nightly to keep my tank happy, and large enough to use on a bigger(60G) tank that im hoping to upgrade to

i havent tested it in tank yet cus it wuould need a large rockwork re-arrangement to accomidate it, otherwise i can take it back and get a small plastic one driven by a air pump

If you are going to upgrade your tank I would bite the bullet and buy something in the octopus line. A protein skimmer you shouldn't skimp on....believe ne I did with horrible results! What type of corals do you keep or plan on keeping.

ok, i saw this skimmer today, haqos ps300, picked it up for 65$

assembled and tested it in a bucket, but there wherent many bubbles, hardly the wall of foam i expected. is this down to me not running it properly or something else? anyone have any experience with this skimmer? i ask because it seems good enough to run nightly to keep my tank happy, and large enough to use on a bigger(60G) tank that im hoping to upgrade to

i havent tested it in tank yet cus it wuould need a large rockwork re-arrangement to accomidate it, otherwise i can take it back and get a small plastic one driven by a air pump

Tested in a bucket of what? Fresh water doesn't foam as well as salt.

Tested in a bucket of what? Fresh water doesn't foam as well as salt.

yea i figured that lol

i put it in the tank, worked relatively well

but i dont really need a skimmer on the 20, so i took it back got credit, im gna get another to go next to the reef 20 and make it a dubai sandy beach biotope, thers these nice schooling fish that live on the beach, get 4 or so of them and maybe a small goby, some macro and micro algaes, and a few small crustaceans

otherwise just setup a new tank, but i think a biotope wud be cheaper, no lighting fixture needed to keep corals

ill upgrade it probably later to a smaller reef

hey east. whats up? how the tank doing?

really good

got my bicolor to take flake food and shes doing really well, the finger leathers grown and my rics and shrooms have been splitting, my zoas are growing too

if u read up, im going to set up a dubai beach biotope, but i think instead of using the schooling fish that are there(unsure of wat they are) ill get 3 or 4 chromis instead, and a few blennies

i love schools of green chromis, they are soooo pretty

ill start another thread, when that starts, probably this weekend

Archived