Top Shelf Aquatics

iodine

Goonter

Alright so i was curious about my iodine and took a water sample to my LFS for them to test it. He said that it couldn't be determined because it was so low it wasn't on the scale. Should i be worried or concerned? I was concerned came home and put 1 drop of lugol's into my aquarium. Is there a certain level i am supposed to maintain of iodine? This would explain why my shrimp never molted and stayed so small. (before he got eaten by my fish) I was reading and i realize there is controversy if it is good to dose it or not, so i am curious what you guys think. I have a 40gallon if that has any determination. Also, would this explain why almost all of my crabs are dieing as well as why i have such a hard time trying to keep frogspawn?

thanks for your info and help!

xenias like iodine. started dosing in my frag tank and noticing nice growth and polyp extension. i dont test though but i do the recommended daily dosage.

just be careful with the lugol's its very strong

xenias like iodine. started dosing in my frag tank and noticing nice growth and polyp extension. i dont test though but i do the recommended daily dosage.

just be careful with the lugol's its very strong

yah i read that caution, it said to do 1 drop per 25 gallons per week. as i have 40 and i can't really do half a drop, i put in 1 drop today in my 40g. i don't have a test, and i am wondering if it is necessary. My main question is this probable cause for snails and crabs to be dieing? this is in a reef tank with fish and corals of all sorts. i don't have many softies, the only real ones i have are about 4 ricordias and some clove coral things.

Archived