ReefCleaners.org

Anyone have expereince with Fission Nano-Skimmer?

Mano

I know there's not a lot of love for this skimmer, but I want to ask this anyway. So I've had the little thing hooked up for about a week. Worked well outside of the fact that it threw micro bubbles every where.

Last night I did some major re-working on the tank after the skimmer started acting up. It was still throwing micro bubbles and it also started overflowing the cup. Literally, water would pour all the way up into the cup and over the edges with it set at the lowest setting and as far out of the water as I could get it.

After some digging online, I stuffed some extra floss into the compartment and the micro bubbles went bye-bye, thank God. However, the cup is still overflowing. The skimmer is as far out of the water as it will go with the suction cup attachments, and it is on it's lowest setting.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the skimmer work and not just overflow?

Thanks muchly. :D

I responed in you other thread, but no. I tried the same thing you did. Double pads made it overlow like crazy, and when I could get it to skim half way decent, it bubbled my tank like mad.

Archived