ReefCleaners.org

Tunze 9002 mods

Richard_C

Hello,

I just ordered the Tunze 9002 for my JBJ 28g I was wondering if it's going to fit.

I read up on the 9002 here, and some posts stated that I need to cut off a magnet or something while others say it just slides right in the middle chamber,

Will I need to modify the skimmer itself?

if so what do I need to do?

or should I just send it back and get the AquaC nano?

also I don't need to cut the hood 'cause I'm using a different light setup(no hood)

Thanks in advance for the help.

StevieT makes custom collection cups. I think thats all you should need. As for sending it back I have one and say its the best nano skimmer handsdown. I would keep it.

StevieT makes custom collection cups. I think thats all you should need. As for sending it back I have one and say its the best nano skimmer handsdown. I would keep it.

even without a hood I'll need a special cup?

Hello-

I make a cup to help people use that skimmer in the JBJ tank. It will allow you to run it at the correct water level, the cup itself is much less wide than the stock cup and will fit in the chamber. IF you run the cup and the 9002, it will be much more out of the way than a hang on back skimmer. Yes, you will need this cup even without the hood, I would say half of the customer that purchase this cup have a different light setup. I would keep the 9002 as it is an excellent skimmer, I have owned both the 9002 and the remora nano.

Info here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1689249

PM me if you are interested.

The cup for the JBJ

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

Archived