inTank Media Baskets

Nano sump?

blizzardscout2

blizzardscout2

I was wondering if there was a small sump or refugium that I could have my heater and skimmer in that would fit in the stand for a BC 14? Thanks

Reese

bonsaidarrell
I was wondering if there was a small sump or refugium that I could have my heater and skimmer in that would fit in the stand for a BC 14? Thanks

Reese

The smallest pre-made that I've found is the Eshopps RS-75, but that is still 18" x 10" x 16":

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...fm?pcatid=18365

Your best bet would be diy, either from a 5 gallon tank, some other container that would fit, or a custom glass or acrylic box.

-Darrell

blizzardscout2
The smallest pre-made that I've found is the Eshopps RS-75, but that is still 18" x 10" x 16":

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...fm?pcatid=18365

Your best bet would be diy, either from a 5 gallon tank, some other container that would fit, or a custom glass or acrylic box.

-Darrell

That is what I thought, I will have to build my own then. Any suggestions on size to fit in my BC 14 stand on the bottom?

Reese

How are you going to get the water from the tank down to the sump? Are you going to drill the tank or use an overflow box? Unless you drill it's probably not going to be real easy.

Actually I did this to a NC 24 Dx and I love it. I didnt want to buy a new skimmer, I wanted a bigger fuge, it hides the PH probe and my media rack as well as the float valve for my ATO, plus it adds water volume. I drilled mine and it runs to a 15 gallon sump. As for why I did it I like the clean look of the all in one but I didnt want to see any equipment. the way it is set up all I can see is my two K1's and the Pvc that exits the bulkheads when I stand and look at the tank from the side. I have a custom built stand that hides all my equipment and sump as well as my ATO container. Also I recomend you leave more than a few inches around the sump so you can still use some space in the stand as storage space. I will get a camera and take pics soon so people can see what I did.

Casey

DIY FTW!

i seriously dont get why sumps has to be 100+ i made mine for 20 bucks :rolleyes:

find a friend with a table saw..start cutting acrylic and glue them with PVC cleaner. presto..sump made!

DIY FTW!

i seriously dont get why sumps has to be 100+ i made mine for 20 bucks :rolleyes:

find a friend with a table saw..start cutting acrylic and glue them with PVC cleaner. presto..sump made!

Yup I cut my acrylic on a table saw joined it with weldon 3 and siliconed it in not hard and I have a sump made the way I want and need it to be

Archived