Cultivated Reef

15gal nano pics on MH

joeydanielle

hi all , i am new to your forum and i find there is a wealth of information here , i would like to share my 15gal nano tank which has been set up 5mths ago , during which i have gone through various pest algae including diatoms, cyno and hair algae . i am presently adding corals very slowly , also choosing correct size and types of corals for nano is a headache. pls comments good or bad .

para:

5" dsb grade 0

nitrates 0.1

temp 27-29deg C

150w MH 20000k

cal 430

alk 12

3 pcs ac fan 24/7

nice setup.. i like your rock work.. very nice... do you have a sump or fuge that the overflow goes to or something? oh yeh.. is that a tang in there??? dont you think the tank is too small for him? just a question.... im not really sure the tank size for one of them...

nice setup

yap , thats a blue tang , i must say soon he'll be too big for the tank , i got a 75gal tank housing frontosa , just didn't want to convert to sw yet due to the cost , propably later . i do have a 15 gal sump as well housing mainly marcroalgae , thanks for the compliment on my rockwork , it is always changing when i buy new corals , must have done the rockwork more than 10 times .is my placement of corals ok?

really cool rockwork...I enjoy the look of frameless aquariums so much...did you build yours yourself or did you get it from somewhere?

BTW, I know youre going to get it for having a tang in such a small tank, but i say as long as it has somewhere to go as it grows...all good (IT WILL have somewhere to go in a few months, right??!!).

thanks , i must say i like the rockwork myself , yap i read that the x'mas tree rock need lots of light and flow , will try to reposition .will update when i can lay my hand on some nice corals and some sps.

Hi:

I noticed from yuor pic that you have a hippo tang in your 15g tank?

I got a 20g tank and tried to keep a small hippo tang and got lots of disagree opions from the reefcentral forum debating that hippo tang requires at least 75g tank

what do you think?

Archived