Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WATER HAS TURNED HULK-ISH

liveclown

My water is full of green colour.

I Have a 30 gallon wisper power filter/ running carbon and a korlia nano powerhead.

I have been reseaching and thinking ....

Should I get taam rio nano skimmer, phosban, nitrate sponge by kent marine, chemi-pure elite, and do extra water changes?? You think that would solve my prob??

My water is full of green colour.

I Have a 30 gallon wisper power filter/ running carbon and a korlia nano powerhead.

I have been reseaching and thinking ....

Should I get taam rio nano skimmer, phosban, nitrate sponge by kent marine, chemi-pure elite, and do extra water changes?? You think that would solve my prob??

have you checked your phosphates? Thats a pretty small filter, It could get clogged quickly with food/detritus which could be breaking down releasing nutrients into your water. Sounds to me like you have a lot of dissolved organics feeding the algae in the water column. Do more frequent water changes and cut back on your lighting. There is a nutrient export problem if you are having an algae bloom. If worse comes to worse you might have to get a UV filter to kill the algae in the water column.

have you checked your phosphates? Thats a pretty small filter, It could get clogged quickly with food/detritus which could be breaking down releasing nutrients into your water. Sounds to me like you have a lot of dissolved organics feeding the algae in the water column. Do more frequent water changes and cut back on your lighting. There is a nutrient export problem if you are having an algae bloom. If worse comes to worse you might have to get a UV filter to kill the algae in the water column.

How does a uv filter work and how much do they run??

Quality protein skimming, good water change frequency, and reduced feeding are all hallmarks of proper nutrient control....

A green tank is the hallmark of out of control phosphates and/or nitrates...

Review of and possible reduction of lighting cycle should be considered too....

You have to get the basics under control....the rest will fall into place....

Saweeeet, Does protein skimming remove salt or just fresh water. and how much water does it remove.??? Would the taam rio be ok?? Has anyone used it??

Oh Gee, Thanx. Just trying to learn is all. Gees...

Thanks every1 who has been kind enough to help. I haven't used a skimmer yet...so how would I know... I am a noob!!! ( not smart remarks whiteshrek). Quit with with the clown & troll comments whiteshrek.

where?? What do I need to do?? What topics?? I spen a lot of time looking at products and sites with a wealth of info. I do it mostly by google.

skimming does take a small amount of salt water but not a whole lot my SG drops about .001 per week due to a wetter skimmate but I prefer to get as much as the organics out of the tank as possible

Where do you recommend me researching?? The search on nr is really annoying.

1) look up.

2) see "Information" tab.

3) read.

4) profit??!!

google.com :P I already put in my two cents. There's a wealth of info on the internet and it would be wise for you to learn how to use it.

Archived