Coral Vue Hydros

Light Upgrade for Eclipse System 12

Korbin

I have a light I want to use to replace the one in my Eclipse System 12 hood, but I'm worried about it getting too wet.  My light is a small clip-on flourescent, like a desk lamp, and I want to attach it to the inside of the hood of the 12 gallon.  I have a 3 gallon eclipse, and I know that the inside of the hood get dripping wet, and my flourescent bulbs are pretty much out in the open (no clear plastic cover).   Should I construct some sort of box with plexiglass and hot glue or something, or has anyone tried open bulbs under one of these hoods?

I have a CSL retro kit on my eclipse 12, and on a lark shielded it with the plastic packaging from a 150 watt trionic heater. I mentioned this to Carrie, who modified the idea by using A large large Q-tip plastic box. Believe it or not, the lights don't damage the plastic and they work great.

I was directed to this board from MyFishTank.com  

It was suggsted that I ask the nano-experts about lighting for my small freshwater tank...

I am looking to replace my Eclipse 12 bow front lamp so that I can plant my freshwater tank.  I checked out the info on the Supernova - but am thinking that it might be too intense for my needs.  I am also concerned about the heat - if I decided to go with the Supernova how to cool the hood?  Do I also need a fan, or will ventillation holes be enough?

If this is totally inappropriate - because it is a freshwater question - could you please suggest a similar site for small freshwater tanks.  I thank you for your information and time.  

if the endcap on the compact is a water resistant or rubber endcap u should be fine if not construct somthin outta plastic!!!!!

Archived