Coral Vue Hydros

Quick Connect Collets (for RO tubing)

CorvetteJoe

Does anyone know of a good source for finding the Quick Connect Collets?

I am about to add and remove some filters on my RO/DI unit and move my TDS meter as well.

In doing so, you pretty much have to break the little collets holding the tubing into each quick connect fitting.

I figured this would be an easy item to find, but NOPE! Home Depot and Lowes don't carry them. They have the entire fittings, but they are $3-4/ea. I only need the little collet insert pieces. I figured someone would sell a bag of them for a few bucks, but it doesn't seem to be something you can buy anywhere :(

Google searches aren't helping either :(

This seems to be the ONLY place I can find these things.

And $.50/ea seems pretty steep, but I need some badly.

http://www.herpmist.com/zencart/index.php?...amp;language=en

If anybody has a better source, or has a bunch laying around, please let me know.

I am picking up my new re-fillable DI canister today and will need to replumb the entire RO/DI unit since I am getting rid of the disposable DI tube.

Does anyone know of a good source for finding the Quick Connect Collets?

I am about to add and remove some filters on my RO/DI unit and move my TDS meter as well.

In doing so, you pretty much have to break the little collets holding the tubing into each quick connect fitting.

I figured this would be an easy item to find, but NOPE! Home Depot and Lowes don't carry them. They have the entire fittings, but they are $3-4/ea. I only need the little collet insert pieces. I figured someone would sell a bag of them for a few bucks, but it doesn't seem to be something you can buy anywhere :(

Google searches aren't helping either :(

This seems to be the ONLY place I can find these things.

And $.50/ea seems pretty steep, but I need some badly.

http://www.herpmist.com/zencart/index.php?...amp;language=en

If anybody has a better source, or has a bunch laying around, please let me know.

I am picking up my new re-fillable DI canister today and will need to replumb the entire RO/DI unit since I am getting rid of the disposable DI tube.

Why would you have to break them ? they are made for quick connect and quick disconnect. Im confused

Why would you have to break them ? they are made for quick connect and quick disconnect. Im confused

Also I have seen them at ACE hardware not sure on the price

Well sometimes they won't come out, so one of them I broke, and another one was very weak and I kind of had to ghetto rig it back into the connector to hold the tubing in place.

They connect quickly, but don't disconnect very easily IMO.

Unless i'm doing it wrong.. I was trying to pry them out with a flathead screwdriver and needle nose pliers.

There seems to be a tool to make this easier to do too.

I just don't want to get 1/2 into my project and be stuck needing ONE little piece to use the whole unit.

Also, it seems these are also called "John Guest" fittings

I haven't had a collet break since I've had my RO unit and it's going on 5 years now. Are you pushing the RO tubing in towards the quick connect? That gets it to release.

Steps:

- Push ro tubing in towards quick connect

- Use fingernail to hold on to collet (minimal pressure required)

- Pull ro tubing out of connector

Shouldn't need to mess with the collet at all.

I haven't had a collet break since I've had my RO unit and it's going on 5 years now. Are you pushing the RO tubing in towards the quick connect? That gets it to release.

Steps:

- Push ro tubing in towards quick connect

- Use fingernail to hold on to collet (minimal pressure required)

- Pull ro tubing out of connector

Shouldn't need to mess with the collet at all.

Thanks! I think that is the advice I needed.

I couldn't figure out how they came out and that's how I broke them I guess.

www.airwaterice.com

Ouch, $1/ea + shipping.

Archived