Coral Vue Hydros

Overdrive NO lights to VHO levels

AnnArborBuck

so, say you get a ballast that will run 2x36 NO and wired it together and hooked up a 1x75 VHO bulb you will get the current you need but it still won't be as bright as it would on a VHO ballast?     right?

i think to get the brightness out of a VHO bulb you just need to supply the requisite 1500mA.  I'm still experimenting myself to determine how you can get those 1500mA, if at all, from a single NO ballast.  I wouldn't hook up a 75W bulb to a 2x36 ballast though, because 36Wx2 = 72W and so the ballast would be slightly underrated to power a 75W bulb.  it might work, but i guess the chance exists of it starting a fire :)  i'm going to hook up a 4x32W=128W ballast to a 75W VHO and see what happens!

NanoReefer53

I forgot but somewhere inside the RC thread about this, they guy that started and was experimenting with this said that with a 2x20 ballast running a 20w bulb will only increase it by 15%. I still think that using separate ballasts will create more light output. Anyone wanna test that has a lux meter ?

hmm is this something a photographer would have?  cause my mother has been dabbling in photography lately and she has something that measures the flash intensity or something like that :)

Archived