Innovative Marine Aquariums

Vent Filters from Home Depot for filter pad?

mavjoy

I got these Vent Filters sheets from Home Depot and was wondering if this is safe for SW tank. It's also called WEB Vent Filters. This is the description: Vent filters are made of a self-charging electrostatic material that acts as a dust magnet for your vent register system. It's like an air filter for homes.

Fell beast recomended 100% polyesture and carbon and other filter media. He said you can get it from some where as available from wal-mart. I would and am just going to do that....

Those are airfilters.. they might not be of poly material. When in doubt.. don't. Pick up 100% poly fill at wal-mart and run Kent or Fluval carbon

I've been using it in my BC14 for a year. No ill effects, and it's easy to cut to size.

Well see I have never heard of it, but that's cool.. there's one with success. Thre still could be harmful elements in that filter, that could build up over time and make your tank craash. Hopefully it's nothing but a type of floss. Does it do anything different than regular floss?

It looks just like a poly filter, actually the filter floss I am using currently and is sold at the good doctors also is used in the air filter industry.

You may be better off just getting poly stuffing at walmart or other craft store. I can see those thin filters clogging up pretty quickly

It looks just like a poly filter, actually the filter floss I am using currently and is sold at the good doctors also is used in the air filter industry.

You may be better off just getting poly stuffing at walmart or other craft store. I can see those thin filters clogging up pretty quickly

Sup guys, I haven't tried using it yet but maybe next time when I do my WC on my 10 gallon. It's pretty thin but you can layer them. It's only $2-3 only for a pack.

Archived