inTank Media Baskets

Loc-Line In-Line Check Valve

disaster999

i did, and it didnt stop the water from going back into the sump

If you're having sump overflow issues, no check valve will save you. You need to make a change in your configuration instead.

Check valves fail at the worst possible time. What you need to do is reconfigure your return nozzle's so that you don't have more overflow back into the sump than you have room for.

well the thing is i do have enough room for back overflow. just want to know if the locline check valve performs better than the POS i got.

DSC_0002-2.jpg

this damn valve doesnt close up all the way...if the water is flowing the opposite direction, the valve just flaps back and forth and the water drains back into the same as if there wasnt a check valve.

The Propagator

Just keep your returns close to the waters surface ( IE about 2 inches max under) and leave room for run off when the power goes out.

That's what I do now. I tried all sorts of funky things before to avoid floods but it all comes down to leaving room for run of fin the sump/refugium and having your returns set high enough so as not to suck 10 gallons of water out.

yes i understand and thats what i have right now. but i just want to know if ANYONE used the inline check valve from locline before

Archived