inTank Media Baskets

hydor koralia nano for a 5.5g

tank0211

hmmm...conflicting views here...I just don't want a sand storm everyday, nor do I want my goby getting blasted against the side of the tank! I wouldn't worry if it was an adjustable flow, but it's not. I've heard so many good things bout them though that I want to try one, I just don't want to waste money.

they have a very disperse flow... i dont know how people get sand storms going unless they point them down... i have mine about 1.5 inches below the surface and its pointed up, going from one side to the other... maybe people have them on the back of the tank pointed at the front... going across the length of the tank you shouldnt even feel flow on the other side (which is why i put the ac 20 in there)... i have 2 K#1s a modded tunze 6025, and a via aqua 400gph return in my 29g and i still dont have a sand storm...

EDIT: and i wouldnt worry about wasting money, you can always find a buyer in the classifieds in a matter of a day or two

they have a very disperse flow... i dont know how people get sand storms going unless they point them down... i have mine about 1.5 inches below the surface and its pointed up, going from one side to the other... maybe people have them on the back of the tank pointed at the front... going across the length of the tank you shouldnt even feel flow on the other side (which is why i put the ac 20 in there)... i have 2 K#1s a modded tunze 6025, and a via aqua 400gph return in my 29g and i still dont have a sand storm...

EDIT: and i wouldnt worry about wasting money, you can always find a buyer in the classifieds in a matter of a day or two

+1 Get Korallia!! :ninja:

gulfsurfer101

I've had one in my 5.5 gallon hex and it rocked. I had it directly under my return inlet from a DIY overflow HOB type fuge and it really moved the water around in there and never kicked up my sand. Now it's just an addition to my superflow army in my 12g tank. I wouldn't consider it a waste of money at all.

hmmm...conflicting views here...I just don't want a sand storm everyday, nor do I want my goby getting blasted against the side of the tank! I wouldn't worry if it was an adjustable flow, but it's not. I've heard so many good things bout them though that I want to try one, I just don't want to waste money.

I had a sandstorm from adding the new sand, not from the pump. As long as its not pointed down, its no problem.

Great choice.

I have two in my 10g, and they are incredible. I put them a little below the water's surface and point them towards each other and my rock. There's great movement, not strong-blow-you-away movement, but the water surface ripples and there are clear currents. I don't have a sandstorm, though it does blow some of my finer sand into very pretty dunes.

Good choice you will not regret it.

I have one in my 5.5 with an AC 50 and one in my 3 with an AC 20. In both tanks looking in from the front both filters are on the left side of the back glass and both pumps are on the right hand side glass aimed across the back. More sand moves from the ac50 than the pump in the 5.5 but is not blowing around just moving. In the 3 gal. the pump does move some sand on the left side but not bad and I could change it by aiming it differnt. Both tanks have good flow and the corals like it.

I would say that the amount of flow you want is dependent on the kind of corals you want to keep. Some corals cannot stand high flow and their flesh will recede. So keep that in mind before you set up your pumps.

Archived