inTank Media Baskets

10g Nano-tank

otwizzle

A friend turned me on to this website. Very nice... A lot of great information and beautiful tanks!

My tank is about 4 months old

15lbs lr

20.5 lbs ls

Przm Skimmer

96w Coral Life 50/50

Penguin 125

2 Rio 180s

aquarium.jpg

Thanks for looking

OT

I'll be posting more pics...

That yellowish thing is open brain coral that is not looking good, but not to worry, my cousin rescued one that was bleached white when he bought it and after a few weeks in his 10gallon with 96watt Powerquad, it turned green again. I would plant it as close to the top of the tank under the lights as possible and cross your fingers...it might come back.

Really nice tank. Yeah, whats up with those stars? A LFS near me says "don't touch with bare hands" on the tank. Are they poisonous or what? Does it touch any of your corals?

Have any top-down pics of those clams?

Hey Thanks for the feedback

I've had the red sea star for about 3 months. Scientific name (Formia milleporella). I love it! Very cool looking. I don't do anything extra for feeding. It seems to eat off the LR.

More info on the Red Sea Star

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...d=23&pCatId=578

wetworx: I'm going to try moving it, hopefully that will help. So when it's healthy it should be green?

top-down shots of clams

clams-00002.jpg

clams-00001.jpg

Hi:

May I ask you what's the name of the green tip LPS, looks like Frogspawn but it's not, I also got one in my 20g tank, and want to know the correct name of it

I always thought it was frogspawn. If you find out any different please let me know also.

Were practically neighbors... I'm in Oakland. Any good LFS out you're way?

I used to go to:

Marmain Aquarium in Mission San Jose, Fremont.

Aquatic Gallery in Milpitas.

Aquarium Concept in Hayward, this is the best, big store and stock, opens 7 days a week

Let me know if you are interetsed in the direction and map, I will have to find out

sweele99: I would appriciate the address Marmain Aquarium & Aquatic Gallery . I haven't been to any LFS in the the South bay area but have been wanting to. Aquarium Concept is a great place, was just there yesterday. There corals have been looking rather poorly lately, though... They used thave really beautiful coral tanks, don't know what happend.

Thanks cajastan!

OT

It is IMPERATIVE that you take a picture of that favite over in the right front of your tank. I am a sucker for the brain corals and that one looks especially nice!

A better picture of him please? :)

Oh and is that an anenome in your tank? How is that going for you?

Nice tank!

What kinds of clams are those?? I see scutes on one of them so i think it is a crocea but not positive. I have a Maxima under 132 watts (was 96 watts) and i got a lashing by the clam police over at TRT. They basically told me i was cruel to animals. Made me kinda paranoid that i was going to lose the little guy. Ironically, my clam looks better than it did under MH in my opinion. I keep it high on the rocks so it has maximum light exposure. I have really focused on my parameters (especially my calcium levels) and i feed 3X weekly. All that said, i think your clams look terrific as does the everything else in the tank. Congrats! JB

By the way, I have talked to all 3 aquarium stores, they all are waiting for the coming shipment to pass custom, but got delayed by the Typhoon in the Pacific Ocean, so be sure most of the stores will have new stock in the coming days.

All these corals and saltwater livestock are actually imported from Indo-Pacific ocean area, didn't realize that untill I talked to them.

Nice looking tank.

How long have you had the blue clam for?

The store I like going to is Tropical Paradise in San Leandro, they got a lot of frags at reasonable prices, perfect for nanos.

Archived