SaltCritters.com

Smurf's 29g Blog 11-26-2008*

Smurf

I say about 3 chromis :huh: But why dun you try other nano fishes of other variety ike gobies, they are my favourites :happy:

Btw, you've got a nice tank, doggie and room. Nice work on that graffiti!

What dog is that? Is cute. Looks like a chihuahua too me but it seems alittle too big for it size. But it looks bore in the pics. Or you are neglecting your doggie for your tank :P

Opps, btw is a male or female? :happy:

That sounds good. I'm a very simple guy. The little things in my tank make me happy enough. I think I just need a couple schooling fish.

How are bangai cardinals?

Thor is a boy! He feels like my own little kid at times. hahah. He is never a hand full. He's a real lazy chill dog. He'll play when he feels like it though! :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Smurf, yeah. We all have different liking I guess. :happy:

Bangai cardinals are another option too. Say also abt 3. But just make sure those you've gonna get are tank breed and not wild caught :happy:

So what exact is Thor? Is he a chihuahua?

Heh, yeah sorry I didn't respond to that question earlier. He's a chihuahua. Don't know if he's pure bred cause we found him just about 3-4 years ago.

I think I would be better off looking at the bangai cardinals. I'll read up on it today.

Cleaned my room at around 9! Idk why I woke up early. But here's this morning's mischief.

Thor... Doin what he does best.

11-23-2008001.jpg

Finally got shots of my sexy! I wanna add 4 more, but my LFS sells fast!

11-23-2008006.jpg

11-23-2008007.jpg

11-23-2008008.jpg

11-23-2008009.jpg

Then....

11-23-2008011.jpg

Here's the birds nest that is starting to become THE best looking piece our of the 3 ORA's IMO :)

11-23-2008013.jpg

Look at the metallic green on this acro!

11-23-2008018.jpg

The female nipping clown and her mate lol.

11-23-2008019.jpg

Finally this mornings FTS. Sorry for the bad pic quality guys. Sorry for the amount of pics, and sorry for the blurryness. Haha

11-23-2008023.jpg

Room shot :D

I was painting for about 2 hours. I really wanted to go outside to my backyard and do something big. But I had my music, and got my acrylics ready. Found a piece of wood in my room and started painting on that. The wood has something on the other side also, done in paint marker. I don't really like it but it has a new character that I would soon hope to perfect. :wacko: I drive myself crazy jumping in and outta this whole art thing. But whatever. As for now, I see myself doing alot more things in my spare time. Being busy never felt so great. :wizard: Magic son! So these pics were all within the span of 2 hours? I guess? Haha. But can you spot thor? As for the today. I have no clue as to what I'm doing. I'm sitting and waiting for my bro to finish his quests.

11-23-2008012.jpg

And the three cropped photo's!

Birdnest

birdsnest1.jpg

And some sexy pics

sexy1.jpg

sexy2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I have a bad GHA problem! Please help! All params are in check, I don't skim though...?

11-23-2008021.jpg

11-23-2008022.jpg

It's really starting to take off now!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg

Yo Smurf, nice thank bro! Hey....you ever thought about putting a blue or black background on your 29 Gallon tank. If so, I think it'll bring out the nice colors of your corals and will look a lot better in all the pictures you take? It's not too hard bro - hehehe! Lets all check it out!!!

Yo Smurf, nice thank bro! Hey....you ever thought about putting a blue or black background on your 29 Gallon tank. If so, I think it'll bring out the nice colors of your corals and will look a lot better in all the pictures you take? It's not too hard bro - hehehe! Lets all check it out!!!

Haha, yeah. Thought about putting a backround. I'm satisfied with my mirror :lol:

Do not want.

brushgirl7im1.gif

More corals? Well go buy some then haha. So I should have a pic of the acropora for you tomorrow.

Sounds good. So is tomorrow today? :haha:

I wanna see!

Sounds good. So is tomorrow today? :haha:

I wanna see!

Dangit I forgot to take a pic of it while I was at work. Was a little busy doing water changes and wiping down tanks. I don't work till friday but if I happen to go in for something this week then I'll definitely remember.

Sorry

It's exactly 1 month till Christmas!!!!

omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Sooooo its 2 days before Thanksgiving. My schedule is packed with things to do. I should be getting ready for work. But whatever -_-. I took the liberty of decorating my house for the holiday season. With the help of thor I made this possible. Lol It's usually my mom who does the work and me and my bro sit back and watch her do it. The reason why is cause he clutter is one thing I know not to mess with. I'm pretty sure I didn't get half her holiday nic naks but I got a good share of it to make our living room nice. But while she's at work. Check out what I did to surprise her! Haha, it took just about 4 hours. I made a HUGE mess, but I like the ending product. Hope you all enjoy also!

Before Pics and stufffff

My real 9' Douglas Fir

11-25-2008004.jpg

Thor Helping

11-25-2008005.jpg

DONE! Not really.....

11-25-2008006.jpg

Got half the ornaments up, guess who wanted to be the first one to pose infront of it? Sorry I took so many.

His mug shot ;)

11-25-2008008.jpg

11-25-2008007.jpg

11-25-2008013.jpg

11-25-2008014.jpg

Final Product!

11-25-2008015.jpg

Cleaned the rest of my house up too. Now, I'm off to work! -_-

Thanks for looking.

Smurf

Dang is someone expecting something big for Christmas. Like a 300 gallon fish tank or something. Haha jk it looks good. Thor is just the laziest dog I have seen. Whenever I go over to my girlfriend's house, her dog goes crazy, jumping all over me. Seems like thor is a little older than 2 years old.

WTF!?!?! It's not even THANKSGIVING yet!!! :o

;)

Nice work! Tell Thor to get off his lazy azz once in a while!!! :lol:

That's the way he is! Okay okay okay, I'll get pics of him when he's happy and playful! Haha

Dang is someone expecting something big for Christmas. Like a 300 gallon fish tank or something. Haha jk it looks good. Thor is just the laziest dog I have seen. Whenever I go over to my girlfriend's house, her dog goes crazy, jumping all over me. Seems like thor is a little older than 2 years old.

300g's sounds good. I'll be happy :lol:

Chihuahua's aren't normally like this. That's why my friends call him weird. Lol, o well. Thor is one of the easiest dogs to take care of. It's basically add water and food. He'll be fine. Haha. Of course I play with him!

But the reason why I'm on so early this morning...

11-26-2008003.jpg

Lol, I'm a Dr

11-26-2008005.jpg

GREAT packaging!!!

11-26-2008006.jpg

11-26-2008007.jpg

11-26-2008008.jpg

Popped my bulb from the other 150w sunpod in.

11-26-2008010.jpg

I'm so exited! What a great christmas already!

I know it's not even Thanksgiving. But it always starts early for me. Haha, I just got called into work, usually I would say no, but I guess this light put me in a good mood. But I also work on thanksgiving. WEAK

Me and acouple friends are also gonna start a blog. Bouta whoop son.

awsome light dude!!! and and nice parol...lol have a great thanksgiving dude!

Thanks man, I did. Stuffed. :o

sweet new light bro

thanks man, you need to upgrade tooooo!!! :D

So will we have pics up of the tank with the new light? I almost have my canopy done.

You doing the frag swap this year?

We'll have pics by tomorrow! I'll probably be getting moar coral! haha

Yeah man. I'm in for it! can't wait to send mine out.

And to everyone on NR!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :lol:

thanks man, you need to upgrade tooooo!!! :D

Ha i did already check out my thread. I upgraded to a 36'' Coralife 150W DE. Its pretty sweet.

I've been reading about Bryopsis algae and what not. I thought it was small strains of caulerpa growing on my rock. I've been leaving it alone for the longest time, and told myself that I would clean it up easily next w/c.

I wanna try raising my MG to get rid of these things but I'm scared. I'm reading about it right now, but would feel way more confident if someone too me through this. Lol. Thanks!

Smurf

Oh yeah. For the longest time I've noticed something in my rock also. I have no clue how long it can extend. When I shine a flashlight on it. It retracts into the rock. It looks like a stretched out rubber band or a string. It looks like an alien. No grooves at all on its skin, whitish in color and I think I saw a mouth. It keeps reaching for a patch of GHA.

Also, as of right now. one of my ceriths are getting succumbed by something that looks exactly alike, but bigger with darker spots or patches on it. :scarry: I don't really wanna try yanking the snail it. He can have that cerith I got plenty. Lol, WTH are these things. They looks weird and out of this world. Haha omgomgomg

Both of these creatures are on the same rock. Pics aren't an option. The things don't stay out in the light for more than 2 seconds.

Smurf

ps - since no one shows interest in my thread I'm gonna post this in the ID section also.

:EDIT: Peanut worm?

Archived