Cultivated Reef

Blue damsel acting strange

Kingofthejungle

Kingofthejungle

Today i bought 3 snails and a Blue damsel,the snails are fine but the damsel has gone to the back of the tank (Behind live rock) and is just coming out for short periods of time.I put some freeze-dried plankton food and it ate that when it drifted near it.Acclimation lasted about 50 minutes, i waited 1/2 an hour then added a smal bit of my tank water to the bag every 5 mins, is this normal behaviour on the first day or is something wrong?

Nitrite 0

Ammonia 0

nitrate 12.5

ph just over 8, the lfs (Which i trust completely) said that 8 was okay aand i shouldnt let it fall below 7.9 and after the fish and snails arte established i should buff it a bit

Any input would be appreciated

Koj

shermantt2001

i believe its normal. When i first got my starcki damsel, it would swim towards teh back of the tank, and swim around there for a bit and hide in its cave.

give it a few days, so its familiar with its surrounding & then it will be more active ;)

Yeah, perfectly normal. I have two damsels in one of my 5.5 gallon tanks and they are both shy fish that don't care to swim about when I'm around. Damn damsels (pardon the play on words). I would yank them out if I could catch them.

Archived