Innovative Marine Aquariums

Need a way to mount my aqualight

Tsuki

Okay, so i bought the 12" 36 watt aqualight for my 2.5 nano. I love it to death because I will be able to do so much with it but, i had bought legs to mount it and the light is to wide that all 4 legs don't fit. So i will have to take them back. Right now the light is just sitting on top of a glass top and i went to check it and it's making the glass hot and i'm afraid it's gonna crack. I need to figure some way to mount this atleast a few inches above the tank so I don't feel likes it's going to over heat anything. Ideas are greatly appriciated! :bowdown:

You really don't want to put fire in my hands, there wont be anything left :owned: i'm starting to think maybe i should try the adjustable ones first before i try anything drastic

you won't crack the glass. It feels hot, it may be 125f maybe a little more. The only way I cracked glass was from the heat of a halide. Just cut little wooden feet for it.

clownfish1124
You really don't want to put fire in my hands, there wont be anything left :owned: i'm starting to think maybe i should try the adjustable ones first before i try anything drastic

you are a pyromaniac!

have your considered hanging it?

you are a pyromaniac!

have your considered hanging it?

Not really, i just don't trust myself with fire :lol:

I don't know if my dad would like me putting holes in my ceiling to hang a light. He might even kill me x_x;

Just get pieces of acrylic to mount it above the glass top and have a fan blow from back to front through the space to cool the glass (will also keep tank temps down to a degree and prolong fixture and bulb life.)

Archived