Innovative Marine Aquariums

Salifert or Elos test kit

fellbeast

as far as i know, thats the only big online place that sells it. i think they are an authorized dealer for elos. check on elos' website and see the distributors.

If you are looking for Elos kits, I bought mine from Phishybusiness.com. They are an LFS to me so I walked into the store. They have Salifert as well. Premiumaquatics.com has Salifert tests. I was looking for Alk though.

I didn't realize the Elos Mg kit had drop counts in the 30's. I can count to 30 but I could lose count as well. I bought Tropic Marin Mg test kit and it uses a syringe. What is left is how you calculate the Mg. But it is a very long test. You have to do the calicum test and then the Mg. Can't do just Mg. I wouldn't buy this test again. Too much work.

My API dkh is way off. I wouldn't recommend it. Elos reads 9.5. API reads 5. My API was made in March so it is not that old.

I got my salifert Alk and Ca kits from Phishybuisness I need to get the Mag kit as well yet, I just need to drive back down to columbus and get it the only problem is I walk in there I leave broke.

bring enough money for one mg test kit +20 bucks and your drivers license. leave all your plastic and coins at home. problem solved :)

i also find counting drops is a big pain as suppose to using a syringe and read the remaining solution left. no counting involved :)

phishybusiness has some really nice stuff. They have that Elos Nano tank that's worth $1700 :)

Counting drops isn't too bad for me. Just as long as it doesn't get past 20 or 25.

Once my API Calcium runs out, I will try out the Salifert version and may buy the Mg. The Tropic Marin version is depressingly difficult to use, ime.

Archived