Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What Koralia Recomendation for a 10 gallon Nano tank?

Jakesaw

I already purchased a Maxi-Jet 600 for a 10 gallon which turend out much weaker than I had expected it to be and I don't want to make the same mistake with a Koralia.

Iit'll be running in a FOWLR likely with a Bicolor Blenny / Clown Fish / snails and a Shrimp -- probably some shrooms / soft corals / or low light additions will slowly be added. Would a Koralia 1 be too much flow for such a small tank - Should I be looking at the Koralia Nano?

Thanks

K1 would be good, it is rated at more flow than a MJ 1200 but it actually seems to put out less because it's so wide. Go for it, you'll be disappointed with the nano if you're only getting one of them... two nanos might do the trick as well

I agree, I would go with two nanos if you have the money. If you are only going with one, i would get the #1, the price difference is well worth it.

GrandpaFeathers

I have a k1 in my 12 gallon, as well as the maxi-jet 400 which pumps water into my sump and it is gravity drained back into my aquarium. Flow seems pretty good. I have it dead ccenter in the back of my aquarium, and it points straight at the front of the acrylic, and evenly disperses.

It's 100x better than a maxi-jet.

Guest theoldman

I don't mean to high jack your post Jakesaw but I have been wondering the same thing.

I presently have a nano in my goldfish tank (I use it to supplement the oxygen level in the tank) and I was thinking about pulling it and purchasing a second nano. This way I could have a pump in alternating ends of the tank. Than I thought this is no good as two nano's would take up more room than one K1!

Also everywhere I read about Korilla powerheads I read that the mounting hardware is better on the 1's than the nano.

yeah so I'm confused also as to the best route to provide flow in a 10 gallon tank and I'll be tagging along this post hoping for some input from everyone.

Definitely more than 1 nano if you go the nano route. The nanos are quite weak imo. A #1 would probably work, nice wide flow without blasting anything.

I don't mean to high jack your post Jakesaw but I have been wondering the same thing.

I presently have a nano in my goldfish tank (I use it to supplement the oxygen level in the tank) and I was thinking about pulling it and purchasing a second nano. This way I could have a pump in alternating ends of the tank. Than I thought this is no good as two nano's would take up more room than one K1!

Also everywhere I read about Korilla powerheads I read that the mounting hardware is better on the 1's than the nano.

yeah so I'm confused also as to the best route to provide flow in a 10 gallon tank and I'll be tagging along this post hoping for some input from everyone.

Two nanos would take up more room, but a lot of people prefer to have flow from two different sources. with the korillias though, i don't think it matters as much because the flow is more dispersed to begin with. because they individually are a little smaller than the #1s, it might be easier to hide nanos in the aquascape.

I would go with midna's advice though. The ones are definatly better than the nanos. I have two #1s on my 30 and they are doing a good job

I have a MJ1200 in my 10g and I have a hard time getting the flow dispersed evenly. I have it deflected off of a rock which splits the path in two directions.

Wishing I had gone with a K1.

k1 would be plenty.. I have one in my 40g to get the water moving up top and it moves well from one side to the other so in a 10g it would be good..

I had 2 nano's in my 24 gallon nano cube but i recently put in a K1 and I like the output of the K1 alot more i plan on getting a secondK1 for the other side of the tank as well.I like to get a good random flow going in the tank. and the mounting hardware is a whole lot better on the K1.

Archived